TURMERIC is seriously all the rage right now. You can’t check out a food blog without some mention of this “superfood” and all of it’s amazing health benefits. Studies have shown turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory, (some say even matches the effectiveness of certain anti-inflammatory drugs,) it fights depression and promotes a balanced mood, and relieves aches and discomfort, and the list goes on and on. Turmeric is a spice that comes from the turmeric plant, a member of the ginger family, and is commonly used in Asian and Indian food. With so many of it’s medicinal healing powers being ailments of Crohn’s Disease, this seems to be a really great food to check out. If you have used this spice, please share with us! We would love to know.
- How do you tolerate this spice with Crohn’s?
- Have you felt any health benefits from using it?
- Do you like the taste?
- How do you like to use it?
- Where can you get turmeric?
- What is your favorite recipe? (PLEASE share!!)
Here are some great recipes to get turmeric into your diet:
32 Recipes for Turmeric, The Spice Your Body Needs, Bon Appetite
7 Ways to Eat and Drink Turmeric, Kitchn
* PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS MERELY AN OPINION BLOG. THE RESEARCH AND INFORMATION COVERED IN THIS BLOG IS OPEN TO PUBLIC DOMAIN FOR DISCUSSION. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY FORMAL MEDICAL BACKGROUND. WE SIMPLY WANT TO SHARE AND DISCUSS FOODS FOR THOSE WITH CROHN’S DISEASE. BECAUSE PEOPLE SUFFERING FROM CROHN’S DISEASE TOLERATE A VARIETY OF FOODS DIFFERENTLY, RECIPES OFTEN NEED SPECIFIC ALTERATIONS FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL. GET CREATIVE! LEAVE OUT THE FOODS THAT DON’T WORK FOR YOU AND USE THE FOODS THAT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD. HAPPY COOKING!!